Free Patchwork Patterns
Following are a stunning selection of free patchwork patterns for you to
use. Many have been designed by Amy Butler. I have included a range of
different patchwork projects that include quilts, duvet covers, pillows,
bags and more.
Each of the patchwork patterns below has been provided by one of the major fabric
manufacturing business websites. Any errors in the free patchwork patterns are
corrected in time but it would be best to read through the patterns
first to avoid this as they take no responsibility for the errors. They
are free patterns!
If you do find an error please contact the manufacturer directly so it can be corrected.
There are a few tips to remember when sewing your quilts using these free patchwork patterns. Following
these will help you avoid some costly mistakes, save you much
frustration, time and money!
- Read through the entire free patchwork patterns first. This helps you know what you are
going to do and for the experienced sewer/quilter you may want to change
the way a few things are done. There are always several ways to achieve
the same result!
- Check you have the right thread(s) and enough of it.
- Change the blade on your rotary cutter to ensure crisp and easy fabric cuts.
- Place a new needle in your sewing machine. I like to use either a Quilting Needle or a Top Stitch Needle.
- Decide whether you need to pre-wash your fabrics or not. Visit
pre-washing fabric or not pre-washing fabric
for more information about this.
- If you have a design wall - clear it so you can place the cut fabric
pieces on it to view your quilt before you begin sewing. Alternatively,
clear a large space on the floor for the quilt to take shape. This may
sound odd but I have several friends that like to alter/personalize
every quilt they make.
- All seam allowances are sewn at a 1/4" unless otherwise stated in the
pattern. So make sure your 1/4" foot is on your sewing machine or that
you have a 1/4" guide in place (a piece of tape appropriately placed).
I hope you enjoy all the free patchwork quilt patterns! Remember if you can't find what you are looking for here I have added a supplier list of free patchwork patterns here.
Sign up for my newsletter below!