Busy Book Supplies
My busy book supplies that I have listed below contain a list of the most useful items that I have found when making my busy books. I have added images and links where I can.
A lot of the items on my list you may already have or will be able to buy locally.
One of the sites that I have come across last year is Aliexpress. A great place to visit if you can't find exactly what you want anywhere else. Also a place I can spend a lot of time on...
The other site I came across is gmarket - a Korean site that sells the hard felt I now use.
- Small sharp scissors - these are very good at cutting detailed felt edges
- Clover 3159 Wonder Clips Red 100/ per package
- Felt wool
- Ribbons - grosgrain
- Buttons etc
- Felt polyester - from gmarket, this felt is well worth the purchase as it wears & washes well. Search for hard felt 1,2mm thickness. This is what I bought: http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=177287566
- Velcro fabric - from Aliexpress and following is the title on their website: 10pcs/lot Assorted colorful Nylex,toy doll cloth,galling flannelette,sofa fabric material sticking,Handmade Stuff pile velvet
- Velcro tape - this is the only place that I found this soft grip velcro. I love this tape as it is easier for little fingers to use in their books. It also causes little-to-no damage to your felt.
- Video tutorials - the best I have found are made by Irina Sorokina and are found on You Tube. She also has a Facebook page called 'My Craft'
Return from Busy Book Supplies Back to Childrens Books
Back To Quilts Home Page